3.17.2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Well my plans for today were as follows, make fabulous shamrock cookies, drop kids off at my mother-in-laws, and then go to the Irish pub with my family and friends tonight. :( However, like most plans, this is not how my day is going so far. I got the house cleaned, kid's bedroom re-cleaned and organized, and was working on the living room, when I got a phone call from my son's school. He is feeling ill, just like his sister was yesterday. Yesterday, I picked up my daughter from preschool and we went to shop with my mom and sister. Shortly after getting to Target, she lost all of her snack from school in her lap :( She needed clean clothes, so we headed over and found some clearance pants and shirt and got her cleaned up. Poor kid, she did ok the rest of the day, but by evening she was feeling icky and super tired. This morning she seemed to be fine, even though she had another upset tummy moment in the middle of the night. My oldest son, got ready for school and ate breakfast and was ok, until, he had his snack at school. He happened to get the same thing, that my daughter got, for snack today. So now I'm thinking, it's the crackers, which isn't the same brand I buy, these were given to them this weekend by my mother-in-law, to take for school. So, we won't be getting those ever :) But, back to why my plans are now changed, since all three are home, I'm not sure if I will get to make cookies, and with one not feeling good, no going to spend the night at Oma's house either :( which means no, pub for daddy and mommy :( I'm thinking, that instead of going out, we will just have to make drinks, play the dance game, and enjoy looking like fools in our living room tonight :) And it's ok, neither of us are big bar people or drinkers anyway, just would have been nice to get out and be among other adults for a change. I am hoping, though, that all the kids are feeling better tonight and might be able to go :)

Here are a few recipes from Lori's Recipe Finds :)





Found on All Recipes




Ingredients

  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle lager beer (such as Harp®)
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle Irish stout beer (such as Guinness®)

Directions

  1. Gently pour half the lager beer into a tall beer glass. Place a large tablespoon, dome side up, an inch or so above the lager beer, with the tip of the spoon pointed slightly downhill. Slowly pour half the stout beer over the tablespoon, so the stout gently pours down the side of the glass in a thick trickle. Allow to stand a few seconds so 2 distinct layers of beer form.



Found on Disney Family Fun





Ingredients
  • White cake mix (we used an 18-1/4-ounce box)
  • Food coloring (red, blue, green, and yellow)
  • Baking cups
  • Whipped cream (optional)
Instructions
  1. Prepare your favorite white cake mix, then divide the batter evenly among six small bowls. Following the chart below, dye each bowl of batter a rainbow color.
    RAINBOW COLORDROPS OF FOOD COLORING
    Purple9 red and 6 blue drops
    Blue12 drops
    Green12 drops
    Yellow12 drops
    Orange12 yellow and 4 red drops
    Red18 drops


  2. Line 16 muffin pan wells with baking cups. Evenly distribute the purple batter among the cups, then the blue, and so on, following the order shown. As you go, gently spread each layer of batter with the back of a spoon to cover the color underneath.
  3. Bake the cupcakes according to your recipe directions. Before serving, remove the paper wrapping, and if you like, top each cupcake with a whipped-cream cloud.

3 comments:

K.M. said...

I am showing my love for cupcakes here! Those look too cute!

New follower hoping you will follow back :)
http://kellyhunterphotography.blogspot.com/

ThaiHoa Burroughs said...

I hope everyone gets to feeling better. I need the dance game. Bet it's fun. However, I can't dance. My husband says I dance like a "white girl/nerd." I am not white! Is that offensive? LOL

Elle said...

New follower GFC and twitter.
Simple Wyrdings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...