2.08.2011

Sick kids and more snow :P

The temp currently here is near five degrees, however the wind-chill is more like negative seventeen, YUCK! Needless to say, we are staying home today, all three kids and I. No, I am not happy, but my oldest has been sick with a cold yesterday and today, I'm really thinking though he could have went back today (as he runs screaming in front of me). He was though the funny picture from yesterday, with his band-aided forehead. His sister and him were arguing and she won. No blood, and barely a scratch, but he insisted on a band-aid, and of course it had to be one of his sister's.  I vowed this morning though that I would get the house back in order. It is truly amazing how things get away from me when I have things outside the house to do. And yesterday, I just didn't feel like doing anything, so I didn't. Well that is not entirely true, I made a killer loaf of bread, and a scrumptious dinner.


I have been baking my own bread now for almost a month, maybe more, and since I started I have been trying to master a cinnamon loaf without any eggs or milk in it. And to no avail, I fail, every loaf is weird and never cooks all the way through :( So instead of caving in and putting the wet ingredient in, I had a hair-brain idea! (Imagine that, huh?) The raisin market has a new item out, it is "Cinnamon Raisin Bread" flavored raisins, weird, I know. So my brilliant plan was to add these to my simple bread recipe and viola, perfect cinnamon raisin bread! Sadly, for those of you who thought this was a silly and half-baked (no pun intended) idea, YOU WERE WRONG! It worked! And, might I say, wonderfully. The bread is delicious and baked all the way through. So I will share my semi-homemade cinnamon raisin bread with you.  My next challenge is to make peanut butter bread, this one to has plagued me with multiple failures, but soon I will win!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...