2.23.2011

There's squirrels on my porch!

The Princess Squirrel has returned! It has been cold and windy here for sometime, and so the little fuzzy balls have been MIA. However, they showed up yesterday, begging for hand outs. Lucky for them we had made a trip to Target the night before and had left over popcorn for them (my kids HAVE to get popcorn and a drink almost every time we go to Target). And of course, the kids were just as excited as the squirrels were, so I took a few pictures :) Caught one of them peeking in windows



Yesterday I also got to drive my "new" car. We finally have got caught up on bills, and expenses back from when we moved back to Colorado., and so we were able to upgrade our vehicle. I was driving a 96 VW Jetta, it was ok, old, beat and missing a few interior parts, and with three kids' seats int he back, cramped, but it ran and got me where I needed to go. Now we have a 99 Dodge Durango, with LOTS more space. Now I know it's not a big jump (unless you put the two next to each other) but keep in mind, we are a credit card and loan FREE household. We pay monthly expenses with my husband's paycheck and buy only what we can afford. What a concept, huh? I don't know too many people that can say everything they have is completely paid for, and I'm glad I can. No we don't have the best of everything, but we have what we need and no bill collectors breathing down our necks. And I really do LOVE the "new" car, and it does happen to be one of the newest cars I've had :) Now, to sell the old one.....

1 comment:

Susan said...

It Is good to live debt-free and pay as you go; just don't forget 'friendly desperation loans' from parents...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...